Important Links & Documents:Meet Our Board of Directors
- CYT Indy is a licensed affiliate of CYT, Inc. CYT is the largest youth theater program in the nation, with programs across the country. To learn more about CYT and to find out how to start a CYT in our city visit www.cyt.org.
CYT was founded in 1981 in San Diego, California by Paul and Sheryl Russell who also founded Christian Community Theater (CCT) for actors of all ages.
- Since 1981, CYT has grown to be the nation’s largest children’s theater organization with programs in thirteen states.
- Every session more than 12,000 kids participate in classes and over 100,000 community members attend their performances.
Because CYT does not own facilities, the organization rents space in the local community, utilizing classrooms and stages in churches, schools, and local theaters. CYT is not affiliated with a particular church body, and people of all faiths are welcome.
... (read more)
Up the Down Staircase (nonmusical): Jan. 13 - 15, 2017, Theater at the Fort
TBD: Feb. 3 - 5, 2017, Marian University
James and the Giant Peach: May 18 (School Show); May 19 - 21, 2017, Marian University
Tarzan: June 9 - 11, Westfield High School
• Developing character values in individuals including commitment, discipline, self esteem, confidence and integrity.
• Supporting the family unit through the direct involvement of each family member’s talents, interests and abilities.
• Providing a quality product without compromising a wholesome environment.
• Being a godly role model promoting the awareness of a higher accountability.
• To make the arts as accessible to children as sports or scouting programs throughout the entire country.
• To build a CYT Performing Arts Center to serve as a national center for excellence in children’s theater, serving as a training ground for future generations in the performing arts.
- Button Maker
- Storage Space, for costumes
- Use of Box Truck, for delivering props and sets