Important Links & Documents:Background Check
Every session (Fall, Winter and Spring) CYT Indy offers 10-week theater arts classes to children & youth ages 4 – 18. These two hour after-school classes are held once a week in three areas throughout Indianapolis. On the final week of classes, students will display a portion of what they've learned by participating in a SHOWCASE for family and friends.
... (read more)
• Intro to Theater (for ages 6-7)
• Comedy and Improv
• Technical Theater classes, such as Make Up or Set Design
• Stunts and Combat.
Classes are held once a week for two hours, and run for ten consecutive weeks. During the tenth class week, a showcase is presented in which each class performs a brief prepared presentation, showcasing what they have learned over the session. Every CYT student participates in the Class Showcase!
• Honoring language will be used. Name-calling, profanity and/or inappropriate actions will not be tolerated.
• Students’ conduct will be respectful of property, and therefore, any damage done to property will be replaced or repaired by the student.
• CYT expects purity of self in relationships with others and one’s own body; therefore, drugs, alcohol or smoking are strictly prohibited. Overt physical contact between students is inappropriate at CYT activities.
• Students who are cast in a production are required to attend their CYT classes for the entire 10-week session, including Showcase on the last day of class.
• Overly tight or revealing clothing is not acceptable.
• Midriffs must be covered, even when arms are raised or when seated.
• Undergarments are not to be visible or exposed.