Important Links & Documents:FULL LIST OF CLASSES
Medical Release Form
CYT Scholarship Application
Scholarship Interview Questions
Spring Classes are now LIVE!
... (read more)
Every session (Fall, Winter and Spring) CYT Indy offers 10-week theater arts classes to children & youth ages 4 – 18. These two hour after-school classes are held once a week in five areas throughout Indianapolis. On the final week of classes, students will display a portion of what they've learned by participating in a SHOWCASE for family and friends.
Enrolled students, ages 8 – 18, have the opportunity to audition for a CYT Broadway-style musical! Younger students may serve as ushers at CYT shows, and students ages 10 and up may work on a backstage crew.
NOTE: You must be enrolled in a CYT class in order to be eligible to audition for a show.
• Intro to Theater (for ages 6-7)
• Comedy and Improv
• Technical Theater classes, such as Make Up or Set Design
• Stunts and Combat.
Classes are held once a week for two hours, and run for ten consecutive weeks. During the tenth class week, a showcase is presented in which each class performs a brief prepared presentation, showcasing what they have learned over the session. Every CYT student participates in the Class Showcase!
• Honoring language will be used. Name-calling, profanity and/or inappropriate actions will not be tolerated.
• Students’ conduct will be respectful of property, and therefore, any damage done to property will be replaced or repaired by the student.
• CYT expects purity of self in relationships with others and one’s own body; therefore, drugs, alcohol or smoking are strictly prohibited. Overt physical contact between students is inappropriate at CYT activities.
• Students who are cast in a production are required to attend their CYT classes for the entire 10-week session, including Showcase on the last day of class.
• Overly tight or revealing clothing is not acceptable.
• Midriffs must be covered, even when arms are raised or when seated.
• Undergarments are not to be visible or exposed.