CYT Indy offers classes in drama, music, dance, technical theater and more! Learn from experienced teachers, performers and technicians while having FUN.
Fall Classes Coming Soon!
... (read more)
In a CYT Indy class, you will create memories for a lifetime, learn from experienced teachers, performers, and technicians, and have lots of FUN. Classes are a great way for students to gain valuable theater arts training, develop confidence, and make life-long friends!
Classes may include but are not limited to:
• Imagination Station/Wiggles (for ages 4-5)
• Intro to Theater (for ages 6-7)
• Musical Theater
• Auditions and Callbacks
• Comedy and Improv
• Technical Theater classes, such as Make Up or Set Design
• Stunts and Combat.
Enrolled students have the opportunity to participate in a CYT musical production!
Classes are held once a week for two hours, and run for ten consecutive weeks. During the tenth class week, a showcase is presented in which each class performs a brief prepared presentation, showcasing what they have learned over the session. Every CYT student participates in the Class Showcase!
• Respect for teachers, staff, parents, and other students is expected at all times.
• Honoring language will be used. Name-calling, profanity and/or inappropriate actions will not be tolerated.
• Students’ conduct will be respectful of property, and therefore, any damage done to property will be replaced or repaired by the student.
• CYT expects purity of self in relationships with others and one’s own body; therefore, drugs, alcohol or smoking are strictly prohibited. Overt physical contact between students is inappropriate at CYT activities.
• Students who are cast in a production are required to attend their CYT classes for the entire 10-week session, including Showcase on the last day of class.
• CYT expects students to dress modestly and appropriately, in a way that promotes a healthy environment and eliminates distractions. Download the Dress Code sheet to see our “No Bare Zone” graphic.
• Overly tight or revealing clothing is not acceptable.
• Midriffs must be covered, even when arms are raised or when seated.
• Undergarments are not to be visible or exposed.
CYT Indy offers scholarship opportunities for our Fall, Winter or Spring Classes to those who are experiencing financial hardship. If you are interested in being considered for one of these scholarships for our sping session, please fill out the form and mail or email the scanned form back to us by the required date (Spring: February 17th). Applicants (and their parents) will be interviewed in an informal meeting to determine the need. Potential Interview questions are attached for your review. We look forward to seeing you and your child get involved in CYT!