Christian Youth Theater develops character and creativity in kids of all ages through quality theater arts training that brings families and communities together while reflecting the Creator.
Our Triple Threat
- Treat each individual with respect and significance
- Develop character traits including discipline, self-confidence, and integrity
- Bring families together through the use of individual talents and abilities
- Share the love of Christ in word and deed
Statement of Inclusion
- Character - We look to the person of Jesus Christ as the perfect and ultimate example of character. At CYT we want to grow in Christlike character through all that we do. This is our foundation as an organization.
- Culture- Our culture is vibrant, imaginative, inclusive, and uplifting. Though CYT may not be for everyone, everyone is invited, and all are welcome.
- Craft -We produce quality productions, classes, and camps holding a high standard of excellence in everything that we do.
Our CYT community includes diverse cultures, creeds, political beliefs and positions on social issues. CYT is the common ground where we work towards a common goal, treating all with respect, understanding, and love.
CYT leaders, families, and students must be able to hold to their personal convictions while simultaneously demonstrating grace and compassion to all those they encounter regardless of gender, faith, race, sexual orientation, or political affiliation. While we are passionate about making CYT a place where everyone is welcomed, we understand that it is not for everyone. No one will ever be turned away from CYT because of a disagreement concerning personal or political convictions. At the same time, CYT does not demand adoption of any specific religious doctrine or personal convictions and will not permit any leader, student, or family to disrupt the core mission of CYT by promoting any individual political or social issue while participating in CYT programs. Our personal convictions regarding politics, social issues, and doctrine should be left as personal convictions while at CYT. While we support churches and organizations who specialize in these conversations, we understand our lane and our calling to our mission.
Because CYT does not own facilities, the organization rents space in the local community, utilizing classrooms and stages in churches, schools, and local theaters. CYT is not affiliated with a particular church body, and people of all faiths are welcome. CYT stands in the forefront in its commitment to the highest ethical, moral, technical and artistic standards of excellence. Instructors are professionals, who understand our mission statement, values, objectives and goals. All CYT staff strive to be excellent role models.
The safety of CYT Indy students, staff, and community is our highest priority, and we have
several protocols in place to ensure this safety. Our staff and contractors are instructed to
report every incident/suspicion, no matter how minor it may be.
CYT Indy is constantly exploring, evaluating and strengthening our protocols, and we will continue to work tirelessly to protect our students and families against harassment and discrimination.
CYT Indy was founded in 2009 by the following families:
John & Tricia Welsch
Jay & Karen Boughner
James & Peggy Davis
Matthew & Carin Hines
Bill & Cindy Hannah