Who We Are
CYT is a non-profit 501(c)3 educational organization which is funded primarily through its tuition, ticket sales and outside contributions.
What is CYT?
Christian Youth Theater is an after-school theater arts training program for students ages 4-18. Since its founding in San Diego, CA in 1981, CYT has grown to be the largest youth theater with 31 branches in the nation. CYT Indy started its program in the fall of 2009. CYT Indy is so proud to be a part of such a fabulous national organization and is thrilled to see this program here in Central Indiana.
CYT stands in the forefront in its commitment to the highest ethical, moral, technical and artistic standards of excellence. Instructors are professionals, qualified in teaching and/or performing and must understand our mission statement, values, objectives and goals. All CYT Staff strive to be Godly role models.
Christian Youth Theater develops character and creativity in kids of all ages through quality theater arts training that brings families and communities together while reflecting the Creator.
Our Triple Threat
- Treat each individual with respect and significance
- Develop character traits including discipline, self-confidence, and integrity
- Bring families together through the use of individual talents and abilities
- Share the love of Christ in word and deed
Statement of Inclusion
- Character - We look to the person of Jesus Christ as the perfect and ultimate example of character. At CYT we want to grow in Christlike character through all that we do. This is our foundation as an organization.
- Culture- Our culture is vibrant, imaginative, inclusive, and uplifting. Though CYT may not be for everyone, everyone is invited, and all are welcome.
- Craft -We produce quality productions, classes, and camps holding a high standard of excellence in everything that we do.
Christian Youth Theater, Indianapolis does not and shall not discriminate. This includes, but is not limited to, discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, gender expression, age, national origin, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, or military status in any of its activities or operations. These activities include, but are not limited to, hiring and firing of staff, selection of volunteers and vendors, and educational offerings. We are committed to providing an inclusive and welcoming environment for all members of our staff, students and their families, volunteers, contractors, and vendors.
The safety of CYT Indy students, staff, and community is our highest priority, and we have
several protocols in place to ensure this safety. Our staff and contractors are instructed to
report every incident/suspicion, no matter how minor it may be.
CYT Indy is constantly exploring, evaluating and strengthening our protocols, and we will continue to work tirelessly to protect our students and families against harassment and discrimination.
CYT Indy was founded in 2009 by the following families:
John & Tricia Welsch
Jay & Karen Boughner
James & Peggy Davis
Matthew & Carin Hines
Bill & Cindy Hannah